Published on December 29th, 2014 | by William Charles2
$5 Off $25 Giftcard At Gyft When You Use Paypal, Small Money Maker
- Purchase a gift card of $25 or more at Gyft, use paypal to pay and receive a $5 discount when you use the promotional code “PAYPAL5”
The Fine Print
- Offer excludes Gyft giftcards and Amazon gift cards (if you want an Amazon giftcard, choose a Game Stop giftcard. Game Stop sells Amazon Kindle giftcards which can be used for regular Amazon purchases)
- You will not get any Gyft points on this purchase
- All gift cards on Gyft at eGiftcards
- Limit one per customer
You can use a shopping portal to get an additional 2-2.5% cash back as well. If you’re not already a user you can get a $5 sign up bonus as well,
this would bring down the cost of a $25 gift card to only $15 although this cannot be combined with this offer.
- Topcashback: 2% cash back on all purchases
- eBates: 2.5% cash back on some gift card purchases & 1% cash back at others
Your best bet would be to purchase a gift card to a shop you normally shop at, if you just want to resell for a slight profit you can do so as well. Just keep in mind these are eGiftcards, so your only real option is to resell to Giftcards.com. Target gift cards resell for 90.5% of their face value, here is the breakdown:
- Purchase $25 gift card for $20 (-$20)
- Shop through topcashback to get 2% cash back (+$0.4)
- Use credit card that gets at least 2% cash back (+$0.4)
- Resell gift card for 90.5% of face value ($22.625)
You’re not going to make a lot of profit ($3.425) but for those really struggling to meet minimum spends, or those just wanting a discount on places they shop already this might be a good option.
If you’re new to reselling gift cards, I’d recommend reading this post: The Complete Guide to Selling your Unwanted Gift Cards for Cash.
H/T to MAATs from slickdeals