Published on January 11th, 2019 | by William Charles49
60,000 Hawaiian Airlines After 1 Purchase Mile Credit Card Bonus [In Flight Paper App Only]
Update 1/11/2019: Bonus is now 60,000 miles after one purchase (previously required $2,000 in spend).
Reddit user BrickTaunter reports that the deal is active again, this time no expiry date is listed and flight crew weren’t sure when it expired. Looks like this might just be an ongoing promotion now. Thanks to reader Nates for also sending this in
No direct link to offer, only available via an in flight paper app
- Receive 60,000 Hawaiian Airline miles after one purchase within the first 90 days of account opening on the Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines credit card
Card Benefits & Details
- Annual fee of $99 is not waived the first year
- Card earns at the following rate:
- 3x miles on all Hawaiian Airlines purchase
- 2x Hawaiiamiles on gas, dining and grocery store purchases
- 1x miles on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- ShareMiles, ability to share miles with friends & family HawaiianAirlines.com
- Discounted Award Travel
- Get $100 companion discount off one coach companion ticket for roundtrip travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines on each account anniversary upon payment of annual fee
- Free first checked bag
I’m not sure why more airlines don’t do in flight paper apps that actually offer higher than normal bonuses. I would have thought customer acquisition costs would be low enough that it would be worth doing but usually the opposite is the case on most airlines (e.g they offer you 35,000 miles inflight compared to 50,000 miles online). Either way this is the highest bonus we’ve seen on the Hawaiian card, previous best was 50,000 miles.
In terms of what to do with the miles:
- You can get flights for 35,000 miles round trip with the card from mainland USA to Hawaii, but there isn’t a lot of space available.
- Intra island flights are 7,500 miles one way
- You can also transfer the miles to Hilton at a rate of 1:1.5 (although I’d say this is a bad use of points)
Hat tip to realbadhombre