Update 2/16/21: Deal is available again, better than the 60k deal we posted a few days ago without the annual fee waived.
- Receive 60,000 Hawaiian Airline miles after $2,000 in purchases within the first 90 days of account opening on the Barclaycard Hawaiian Airlines credit card
Card Benefits & Details
- Annual fee of $99 is waived the first year
- Card earns at the following rate:
- 3x miles on all Hawaiian Airlines purchase
- 2x Hawaiiamiles on gas, dining and grocery store purchases
- 1x miles on all other purchases
- No foreign transaction fees
- ShareMiles, ability to share miles with friends & family HawaiianAirlines.com
- Discounted Award Travel
- Get $100 companion discount off one coach companion ticket for roundtrip travel between Hawaii and North America on Hawaiian Airlines on each account anniversary upon payment of annual fee
- Free first checked bag
60,000 miles is frequently available, but normally the annual fee is not waived first year. In this case it is waived first year, making this offer particularly attractive. In terms of what to do with the miles:
- You can get flights for 35,000 miles round trip with the card from mainland USA to Hawaii, but there isn’t a lot of space available.
- Intra island flights are 7,500 miles one way
You can also transfer the miles to Hilton at a rate of 1:1.5 (although I’d say this is a bad use of points)Not currently available
- They also sell sunglasses (I forget the brand and amount, but seems to be a popular redemption)
As always if you have any questions about Barclays credit cards, read this post first. Keep in mind getting approved for Barclays cards can be extremely difficult (6/24 rule). I will be adding this to our list of the best credit card bonuses.
Hat tip to DDG
- Update 2/23/20: CPGFL reports that this offer is available on a Hawaiian in-flight application with no spend requirement, just a single purchase. Also comes with 50% off companion pass. Unclear if the annual fee is waived on the in-flight offer.
- Update 1/8/2020: Bonus is available again. Hat tip to reader Jeff L
- Update 9/5/19: Bonus still available
- Update 9/3/19: Deal ends tomorrow.
- Update 8/17/19: Looks like the end date is actually 9/4. Hat tip to reader @MrP3rson
- Update 8/7/19: An e-mail has been sent out stating that this offer will end soon, but no end date given. Reposting in case anybody is interested in getting this card. Hat tip to reader Casey