Published on January 1st, 2017 | by William Charles84
$80 For 5,000 Virgin America Points (6,500 Alaska Miles) & 15 Bottles Of Wine (Down To 0.7¢ Per Point With Stacking)
- Get 15 bottles of wine and 5,000 Virgin America Elevate Points for $80. Keep in mind you the Virgin America points are worth 6,500 Alaska miles.
- Update: Keep in mind the following:
- There is an amex offer for $50 back with $150 spend. If you can do the offer twice (keep in mind the limit of one per household) then you’d be paying $110 for 10,000/13,000 miles.
- Splender is offering 12% cash back, not sure if this will succesfully stack or not but it’s worth a try. If it does you’d get an additional $9.6 back per order.
- If you stacked both, this would be 0.7¢ per Alaska mile & 30 bottles of wine for free. Great deal if it all works out. [Update: It’s tracking]
The Fine Print
- Please allow 4-6 weeks for Elevate points to post to your account.
- This introductory offer is only available to first-time customers of The Club from Virgin Wines and limited to one case per household.
- Offer subject to availability.
- In the unlikely event of a wine becoming unavailable, a substitute of similar style and of equal or greater value will be supplied. Every three months, we will reserve you a 12-bottle Club selection for $139.99 (plus $19.99 shipping and tax combined).
- There is no commitment and you may cancel at any time. You will earn 140 Elevate points with each Club case you choose to take.
- Once eligible, each year you will be offered two extra-special shipments: one in summer and one for the holiday season.
- You will be notified in advance of these extra cases and their special-offer price.
- Again, there is no obligation.
- Licensed retailers only accept orders from adults at least 21 years old.
- All orders will be processed and fulfilled by licensed entities in the industry and applicable taxes are paid. Licensed retailers have the right to refuse orders should an advertisement not comply with your state laws.
- Delivery is available to AZ, CA (offer may vary), CO, CT, FL, ID, IL, IN, LA, MA, MI, MN, MO, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ (offer may vary), NM, NV, NY, OH, OR (not eligible for free gift), SC, TX, VA, WA, WI, WV, WY, TN and DC.
- Void where prohibited by law.
When I look at these deals I generally just think about them from a purchasing points/miles perspective and consider the wine a bonus for dealing with the offer and having to remember to cancel. In that case you’re paying 1.6¢ per Virgin America point or 1.23¢ per Alaska mile. Not a terrible deal if you purchase miles, but I have an abundance of airline miles so I’d never purchase them at that rate.
Hat tip to reader Alex G & EZ Journeys