Published on November 3rd, 2015 | by Chuck24
Amazon: $15 Off $50 using Shop-with-Points
- Link your Amex Membership Rewards account with your Amazon account for Shop-with-Points and receive $15 off a $50 purchase of anything sold by Amazon with promo code SWP9AXP15.
To receive the promotional discount:
- Add $50 or more of eligible products sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping card.
- Enter the promo code SWP9AXP15 in the box provided on the checkout page and pay for at least a portion of your order with Membership Rewards points.
- $15 of savings will be reflected on the final order checkout page.
The Fine Print
- Offer ends midnight on 11/13/2015, or while supplies last.
- At least one Membership Rewards point must be used for the purchase and your shopping cart must contain at least $50 of eligible products.
- Offer is not available to American Express Membership Rewards eligible cards whose points have been previously used for purchases at Amazon.com in the past twenty-four months.
- If you are creating a new Amazon.com account, please be aware that it may take up to 72 hours before your promotion code will be accepted and applied. Accordingly, you must create a new account on or before 11/10/2015 in order to redeem the promotion code.
- Offer does not apply to the purchase of digital content.
- Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
- Limit one promotion code per Membership Rewards eligible card.
- Offer is available by invitation only.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
We haven’t seen one of these in a while. I have a shiny new Amex Platinum card which was never enrolled in Shop-with-Points and I was able to link it and buy a $50 third-party gift card on Amazon. Third party gift cards sold on Amazon are eligible for this offer. You can buy Southwest, Starbucks, Whole Foods, Nordstrom, Kohls and many more. Or you can just shop for $50 worth of ordinary products. Amazon gift cards are not eligible.
After applying 1 Amex MR point to the purchase – which covered $.01 – and applying the $15 promo code, the balance will be just $34.99. The balance is always billed automatically to the linked card; you can’t pay the balance with a different credit card.
A few notes:
- The terms say the offer is by invitation only, but most people seem to be having success with it if they never linked this MR account before.
- You can try deleting a linked Amex card and then re-adding it and relinking the MR account. This worked for some but not for others.
- The terms sound to me that you can do this promo multiple times with unique cards.
- Update: Miletomemories reports that you can do this offer multiple times but only on separate Amazon accounts. You may have to wait up to 72 hours after opening a new Amazon account, as noted above in The Fine Print.