Published on July 14th, 2017 | by William Charles55
[Expired] Amazon: Get $25 off $50 by Using 1 Membership Rewards Point [YMMV]
This deal has expired and is no longer valid. View the best current ways to save on Amazon by clicking here.
- Get $25 off $50 or more on Amazon by using at least one Membership Rewards point:
- Add $50 or more of eligible products sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping card.
- Go to your payment options and choose your linked AMEX card with Membership Rewards or link a card now
- Pay for at least a portion of your order with Membership Rewards points; you can use just use one point and pay the rest with the credit card (click ‘choose different amount’ to do this)
- $25 of savings will be reflected on the final order checkout page.
This is working for people that have used the $30 off $60 deal and previous $25 off $50 deal. It’s also stacking with the $30 off $60 deal for those who haven’t used it as no promotional code is necessary for this one. We describe this process here.This one has expired unfortunately.
- Make sure you’re eligible for the offer
- Make sure you’re purchasing items sold and shipped by Amazon.com
- If you just linked your MR account, wait 24 hours and try using the promo code again; seems it takes a few hours for until the promo code works
- If it’s still not working, contact Amazon chat about the issue. They will likely tell you to complete your purchase and they will refund you the $25
The Fine Print
- Valid until December 31st, 2017 11:59PT or until 80,000 customers have redeemed this offer.
- Offer applies only to the purchase of at least $50 of eligible products, where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is entered at checkout. Taxes, gift-wrap, and shipping and handling charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $25 per eligible Membership Rewards enrolled Card.
- Offer is not available to American Express Membership Rewards eligible cards whose points have been previously used for purchases at Amazon.com in the past twenty four months. (not enforced)
- Offer does not apply to the purchase of digital content.
- Offer only applies to eligible products sold by Amazon.com.
- Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
- Limit one promotion code per Membership Rewards eligible card.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
If American Express want to keep giving me discounts at Amazon, I’ll keep letting them I guess.
What to Buy
If you have an item to buy on Amazon that’s the easiest. You can also lock in the $25 off $50 deal on a third-party gift card of your choice, just not on an Amazon gift card.
Here’s the link for all electronically delivered gift cards on Amazon and here’s the link for all physically mailed gift cards on Amazon. You’ll have to scroll down a bit to skip Amazon’s own gift cards.
Sample e-gift card deals to get a $50 gift card for just $25 with this promo: $50 Safeway e-gift, $50 AirBnB e-gift, $50 Uber e-gift, $50 Hotels.com e-gift, $50 Whole Foods e-gift, $50 Lowes e-gift, $60 Netflix e-gif5.
Physical cards also come in $50 denominations: $50 Southwest gift card, $50 Starbucks gift card, $50 Staples gift card, $50 Sears gift card, $50 Whole Foods gift card, $50 Nordstrom gift card, $50 AirBnB gift card.
Hat tip to reader @tinytavosa