Published on July 12th, 2017 | by William Charles158
[Expired]Amazon: Get $30 off $60 by Using 1 Membership Rewards Point [Targeted Offer, Working For People When It Didn’t Before]
This deal is no longer valid, but you can still get $25 off $50 here.
This offer originally had an end date of 7/11, but it’s been extended to 7/31/17. (HT: DD) Also note that some people who weren’t targeted earlier are having luck now. And it might even depend on which platform you use; a friend and multiple readers who couldn’t get it to work on computer were able to get it to work in the app. It can even work if you did the previous $25 deal.
Direct link to offer (offer might not show, follow directions below)
- Link your Amex Membership Rewards account with your Amazon account for Shop-with-Points and receive $30 off a $60+ purchase of anything sold by Amazon with promo code AMEX17PRIME.
Here’s how to get in on this deal:
- Add $60 or more of eligible products sold and shipped by Amazon.com to your shopping card.
- Go to your payment options and choose your linked AMEX card with Membership Rewards or link a card now
- Pay for at least a portion of your order with Membership Rewards points; you can use just use one point and pay the rest with the credit card (click ‘choose different amount’ to do this)
- Enter the promo code AMEX17PRIME in the box provided on the checkout page
- $30 of savings will be reflected on the final order checkout page.
Code Doesn’t Work?
- Make sure you’re purchasing items sold and shipped by Amazon.com
- If you just linked your MR account, wait 24 hours and try using the promo code again; seems it takes a few hours for until the promo code works
- If it’s still not working, contact Amazon chat about the issue. They will likely tell you to complete your purchase and they will refund you the $30
The Fine Print
- The promotion will end at 11:59 PT on 7/11/2017
- To redeem the offer, you must be logged into an account which has been active for 90 days or longer.
- Offer applies only to the purchase of at least $50 of eligible products, where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is entered at checkout. Taxes, gift-wrap, and shipping and handling charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $25 per eligible Membership Rewards enrolled Card.
- Offer is not available to American Express Membership Rewards eligible cards whose points have been previously used for purchases at Amazon.com in the past twenty four months.
- Offer does not apply to the purchase of digital content.
- Offer only applies to eligible products sold by Amazon.com.
- Items must be purchased in a single order and shipped at the same speed to a single address.
- Limit one promotion code per Membership Rewards eligible card.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Promotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
This won’t work for everybody and seems to have replaced the $25 off $50 deal, it’s working for some people even if they have done that deal before.
What to Buy
If you have an item to buy on Amazon that’s the easiest. You can also lock in the $30 off $60 deal on a third-party gift card of your choice, just not on an Amazon gift card.
Here’s the link for all electronically delivered gift cards on Amazon and here’s the link for all physically mailed gift cards on Amazon. You’ll have to scroll down a bit to skip Amazon’s own gift cards.
Sample e-gift card deals to get a $60 gift card for just $30 with this promo: $60 Safeway e-gift, $60 AirBnB e-gift, $60 Uber e-gift, $60 Hotels.com e-gift, $60 Whole Foods e-gift, $60 Lowes e-gift, $60 Netflix e-gift.
Physical gift cards are more difficult because they don’t come in flexible denominations: $50 Southwest gift card, $50 Starbucks gift card, $50 Staples gift card, $50 Sears gift card, $50 Whole Foods gift card, $50 Nordstrom gift card, $50 AirBnB gift card.
Remember To Stack
There are so many other ways to save money on Amazon, so make sure you stack discounts & deals. You can view our complete guide to saving money on Amazon here. This post contains our Amazon affiliate links, I appreciate you using them but keep in mind you could be earning 3x JetBlue points instead.
Hat tip to reader Jochy P