Published on April 8th, 2019 | by William Charles63
[YMMV] Amazon: Use One Discover Point/Cashback & Get $10 Off $30 (Works On Giftcards)
Update 4/8/19: Offer is showing up again, this time with a different expiration date of 6/30/19. Doubt it works if you’ve done the deal before. Hat tip to reader Steve
Direct link to offer (our affiliate link here and below)
- Amazon is offering $10 off $30 when you use at least one Discover point to pay. Remember you can just use one Discover point to trigger this deal. Here’s how to go about doing this deal:
- Link your Discover account to your Amazon account if you haven’t already
- Click to Activate this offer to your Amazon account here
- Add $30 or more of eligible products shipped and sold by Amazon to your shopping cart
- Proceed to checkout & select your Discover card as your payment method
- Select the amount of Discover Points you’d like to use for the purchase (must use points for at least $.01 of the purchase)
- Up to a $10 discount off $30 will be automatically applied at checkout; no promo code needed
The Fine Print
- This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end at 11:59 PT on 12/31/2019. The promotion code will expire concurrently. Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $10 per eligible Discover Cashback Bonus enrolled Card.
Offer only applies to products sold by Amazon.com (Look for “sold by Amazon.com” or “sold by Amazon Digital Services LLC” on the product detail page). Products sold by third-party sellers or other Amazon entities will not qualify for this offer, even if “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime Eligible”.
Limit one promotion code per Cashback Bonus eligible card.
Similar deals are also available for Chase & American Express:
- Amazon $30 off $60 when Using MR Points, Works on Gift Cards [Targeted]
- [YMMV] Amazon: Use One Chase Ultimate Rewards Points & Get $15 Off $60 [Works On Giftcards]
Remember that all of these deals work just by using a single point, cashing out points via Amazon is always a bad idea but using a single point to trigger these promotions works and therefore makes sense. This deal also works on gift cards which is nice.