Update 12/31/19: Last day for this deal, check again to see if you are targeted.
Update 11/11/19: More people targeted, also worth checking to see if you are targeted for the other offers.
Update 10/9/19: More have been targeted. Hat tip to reader kuowiz
Update 8/27/19: More people have been targeted.
Update 8/4/19: Looks like more people have been targeted for this deal. Hat tip to reader @DoMsFreebies
Update 7/4/19: Expiration showing as 12/31/19 now.
Update 6/30/19: Another round has been targeted. Not sure how this works with the other 20% off deal ($50 maximum discount). Might make sense to do that deal first if you are targeted for both. Hat tip to reader Agustin
Update 5/16/19: Looks like another round of people has been targeted. Worth checking if you weren’t eligible last time.
Update 3/22/19: Looks like another round of people has been targeted. Worth checking if you weren’t eligible last time.
Direct Link to offer (this post contains our affiliate link)
- Get $30 off $60 on Amazon.com purchases when using Amex Membership Rewards shop-with-points
You can even use a single Amex Membership Rewards point and still get the $30 discount, and the deal works on gift cards too! The left image below is from a $60 AirBnB electronic gift card and the right image below is from $100 Whole Foods physical gift card:
Here’s how to go about doing this deal:
- Link your Amex Membership Rewards account to your Amazon account if you haven’t already
- Click to Activate this offer to your Amazon account here
- Add $60 or more of eligible products shipped and sold by Amazon to your shopping cart
- Proceed to checkout & select your Amex Rewards Card as your payment method
- Select the amount of Membership Rewards Points you’d like to use for the purchase (must use points for at least $.01 of the purchase)
- Up to a $30 discount off $60 will be automatically applied at checkout; no promo code needed
The Fine Print
- This is a limited time offer. The promotion will end at 11:59 PT on 12/31/2019. The promotion code will expire concurrently. Amazon.com reserves the right to cancel or modify this offer at any time.
- Offer is available by invitation only, is non-transferable, is not redeemable for cash, and may not be resold.
- Offer applies only to the purchase of at least $60 of eligible products, where Membership Rewards points are used for at least a portion of the purchase and the promotion code is entered at checkout. Taxes, gift-wrap, and shipping and handling charges do not apply when determining minimum purchase amount.
- The maximum benefit you may receive from this offer is $30 per eligible Membership Rewards enrolled Card.
- Offer is not available to American Express Membership Rewards eligible cards whose points have been previously used for purchases at Amazon.com in the past twelve months.
- Offer only applies to eligible products shipped and sold by Amazon.com.
- Limit one promotion code per Membership Rewards eligible card.
- Offer may not be combined with other offers.
- Shipping charges may apply to discounted promotional items.
- Offer does not apply to the purchase of digital content.
- To redeem the offer, you must be logged into an account which has been active for 30 days or longer.
- Offer discount will be allocated proportionally among all promotional items in your original order. If any of the items in your original order are subsequently returned, your refund will equal the original price of the product, less the proportional amount of the discount. The total discount on the unreturned amount of your original order will then be less than $30.
- If any of the products related to your original order are returned, subject to Amazon’s refund policy, you will receive a refund of the card amount first, followed by Membership Rewards points.
- romotional codes (including those placed directly in accounts) may not be redeemed for Amazon Gift Cards.
- This promotion is available only to Amazon.com customers with an eligible American Express card issued in the United States.
Great deal, surprised to see it again so soon. Expiration date is December 31st, 2019 so I doubt we will get the deal a second time this year (we got it twice (or three times really) last year).