Published on February 9th, 2019 | by William Charles33
American Express Closing Some Morgan Stanley Platinum Accounts (Don’t Panic)
American Express has sent out letters informing some Morgan Stanley Platinum cardholders that their card is being shut down in the next 60 days.
Before people start panicking it seems like people are receiving these shut down notices for one of two reasons:
- Access accounts were never actually funded
- Morgan Stanley accounts were closed by user
Remember you need to be an active Morgan Stanley user to have this card, so having an unfunded account or closed account won’t work. For more information about this card/access accounts, check out our post Getting the Amex Platinum Morgan Stanley Card, and read these posts by Windbag miles:
- Who wants to be a guinea pig for this potential end-around into a Morgan Stanley Amex Platinum?
- It worked! (For now.) I have a Morgan Stanley Amex Platinum! (For now.)
- Final thoughts on the Morgan Stanley Amex Platinum/Access Investing end-around
Hat tip to echen1024