Folks, this is not hard: no referral offers or requests in the comments below
Check your American Express login for the following referral offer which bumps up the bonus both for the new card member AND for the referrer. All of these offers end on June 7, 2023.
New Cardmember Bonus Offer:
- Platinum personal card: Get 150,000 points and $200 – Earn 150,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Earn $200 Back in statement credits on purchases during the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Gold card: Get 90,000 points and $200 – Earn 90,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $4,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Earn $200 Back in statement credits on purchases during the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Blue Cash Preferred: Earn $400 Back and waived annual fee – Earn $300 Back after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership. Plus, earn $100 back in statement credits on purchases during the first 3 months of Card Membership. Annual fee is waived the first year.
- Let me know if I missed any other good ones. There are some nice-ish other increased offers showing via referrals, like 45,000 on the Green card or 30,000 on the Everyday Preferred.
Note: not all links are showing all of these increased offers. Be sure to double check the link before applying.
Referrer Bonus Offer:
- Bonus 5x/5% on up to $25,000 in Grocery for 3 months from approval: Refer a friend who applies before June 7, 2023 (and the application results in an approved account and the friend gets the Card), and earn an additional 5X Membership Rewards Points, or 5X Miles, or 5% Cash Back (depending on their eligible Card) per dollar spent on your card on eligible U.S. supermarket purchases for three months (starting from the first date the referred friend’s account is opened), on up to $25,000. Terms apply. For example, eligible Delta Skymiles Reserve American Express Card Members will earn 6X Miles on eligible U.S. supermarket purchases (1X Miles on eligible purchases plus 5X Bonus Miles) and American Express Green Card Members will earn 6X Membership Rewards Points on eligible U.S. Supermarket purchases (1X on eligible purchases + 5 additional Membership Rewards Points), for three months, on up to $25,000.
- Aside from the extra 5x bonus, you’ll also earn your standard chunk bonus which is typically somewhere between 15k-30k Membership Rewards points or $100 on cash cards. Check your Amex login to see what your exact offer is.
Most personal Amex cards are showing the 5x offer. When referring from a business, you won’t get this 5x bonus offer (though the new member might see the increased offers on the Platinum, Gold, and BCP cards).
All three of these offers are excellent. For the Platinum card and Gold card, typically 150k/90k is a very good offer, and this time they throw in $200 cashback. I like how the $200 statement credit (with $200 spend) mostly offsets the $250 annual fee on the Gold card and partially offsets the $695 annual fee on the Platinum card.
For the BCP, $400 is a very good offer, and this time they throw in the waived annual fee.
And this is all aside from the nice referrer bonus which your friend will get as well when you apply using their link. The referrer bonus is especially nice if you refer from the Gold, BCP or Everyday Preferred cards which already have high grocery category earnings.
Remember as always, you can use any Amex referral link to apply for any American Express personal or business card, and your friend will get the referrer bonus and you’ll hopefully see the increased referree bonus.
Do not leave your referrals in the comments below. They will be deleted and it can affect future commenting privileges. You can find links for these offers on this dedicated page. That page is closed for new comments.
all the gold links in the referral thread seem dead
Offer is still available — some links might be dead but not all
Anyone successful generating Personal Platinum 150k referral offer from non-Platinum cards (i.e. from Blue Cash Preferred or Business Platinum cards)?
My SimplyCash biz card doesn’t show increased referral offers, but no problem from Amex Everyday or Blue Cash Everyday links using incognito
Thanks for the confirmation. I generated referral link from Blue Cash Preferred and tried 100+ times using multiple devices/incognito/VPN, but I can only get Platinum 125k offer..
I am using the 150k referral links, but I am getting this error “you are not eligible to receive the welcome offer”, my credit is solid… I have 3 other AMEX cards (since 2014…), how do I bypass this rejection?
Just had the same thing happen. I have one amex card (since 2017/2018?). Not sure what to do
Lifetime language? Welcome offer not available to applicants who have or have had this Card…
Some data points from my personal experience last few days.
I used one of the links in the referral thread and I saw the 150K/200 offer for Platinum and I applied for the card. The same link another person had downvoted presumably since they did not see the same offer.
Once I got my card I generated a referral link and tried it myself on a few incognito browser windows (mobile and laptop) and out of the 5 times I tried I saw the 150K/200 offer once. Rest of the time I saw 125K/200 and even the plain vanilla 80K bonus. So some weird algo is in use to generate the SUB offer.
I sent the link to a friend and he had the same experience. It was only showing 125K/200 offer. I asked him to try on different devices (mobile, laptop, ipad). On one of the devices he saw the 150K/200 offer and he applied.
I made screen shots of my application with the enhanced SUB just in case. Fingers crossed. My referrer bonus was 15k plus 5% grocery. I’m not sure if a second person uses my referral link whether they would have luck with it or somehow the referral bonus is capped to one person.
Bottom line is that the link in itself does not seem to be determining the SUB. There is some other random component involved. So if you have a link keep trying at different times and different browser on different devices and hopefully you will see the high SUB and when you see that apply immediately. Hope this sheds some light on why some people are not seeing the enhanced offer with their referral link.
Amex popup jail is a sad place to be. Now they don’t even tell you why. Just, no bonus for you.
If I had the Platinum card years ago, can I get the bonus if I apply now?
For a personalized answer, please provide your email, tax ID and preferred spoon size.
Got this email within minutes of a referral approval. 11% back on groceries? Gimme dat please and thank you.
“Great news! You now qualify for a special offer. Starting from the date this email was sent, you can earn +5 rewards on purchases at U.S. supermarkets with your American Express® Card ending in XXXXX (and any Additional Card associated with this account) on up to $25,000 in combined purchases, for the next three months.”
I had someone successfully apply with my link this morning, but just now someone else tried to apply and after clicking submit it said the offer is no longer available. This person has no previous Amex cards. It is different than pop up jail, and leads to the current public offer. Maybe this offer was truly a mistake and has had its run. Is anyone else seeing similar?
anyone else unable to refer from their amex gold card?
Checked P2’s Amex referral page…unfortunately the link only gives the new applicant 80K for personal Plat (she gets 30K referral bonus + 3 months of +5 pts at supermkts). Most importantly there IS NLL language in for the person applying for the Plat. I’m in the market for a Personal Plat card myself if I can find a solid deal w/o lifetime language. DoC, where is the best place to hunt down referral links …FlyerTalk , Reddit? I’m aware that it’s buyer beware etc.
Yahoo groups is popular with boomers, otherwise churning and SD