Update 6/1/23: Some readers report that these increased offers (BCP, Platinum, Gold) are dead. Others are still seeing the increased offers alive.
Originally posted 3/9/23, reposting 5/22/23 since the similar Green card offer was just released
Folks, this is not hard: no referral offers or requests in the comments below
Check your American Express login for the following referral offer which bumps up the bonus both for the new card member AND for the referrer. All of these offers end on June 7, 2023.
New Cardmember Bonus Offer:
- Platinum personal card: Get 150,000 points and $200 – Earn 150,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $6,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Earn $200 Back in statement credits on purchases during the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Gold card: Get 90,000 points and $200 – Earn 90,000 Membership Rewards® Points after you spend $4,000 on purchases on your new Card in your first 6 months of Card Membership. Earn $200 Back in statement credits on purchases during the first 3 months of Card Membership.
- Blue Cash Preferred: Earn $400 Back and waived annual fee – Earn $300 Back after you spend $3,000 in purchases on your new Card within the first 6 months of Card Membership. Plus, earn $100 back in statement credits on purchases during the first 3 months of Card Membership. Annual fee is waived the first year.
- Let me know if I missed any other good ones. There are some nice-ish other increased offers showing via referrals, like 45,000 on the Green card or 30,000 on the Everyday Preferred.
Note: not all links are showing all of these increased offers. Be sure to double check the link before applying.
Referrer Bonus Offer:
- Bonus 5x/5% on up to $25,000 in Grocery for 3 months from approval: Refer a friend who applies before June 7, 2023 (and the application results in an approved account and the friend gets the Card), and earn an additional 5X Membership Rewards Points, or 5X Miles, or 5% Cash Back (depending on their eligible Card) per dollar spent on your card on eligible U.S. supermarket purchases for three months (starting from the first date the referred friend’s account is opened), on up to $25,000. Terms apply. For example, eligible Delta Skymiles Reserve American Express Card Members will earn 6X Miles on eligible U.S. supermarket purchases (1X Miles on eligible purchases plus 5X Bonus Miles) and American Express Green Card Members will earn 6X Membership Rewards Points on eligible U.S. Supermarket purchases (1X on eligible purchases + 5 additional Membership Rewards Points), for three months, on up to $25,000.
- Aside from the extra 5x bonus, you’ll also earn your standard chunk bonus which is typically somewhere between 15k-30k Membership Rewards points or $100 on cash cards. Check your Amex login to see what your exact offer is.
Most personal Amex cards are showing the 5x offer. When referring from a business, you won’t get this 5x bonus offer (though the new member might see the increased offers on the Platinum, Gold, and BCP cards).
All three of these offers are excellent. For the Platinum card and Gold card, typically 150k/90k is a very good offer, and this time they throw in $200 cashback. I like how the $200 statement credit (with $200 spend) mostly offsets the $250 annual fee on the Gold card and partially offsets the $695 annual fee on the Platinum card.
For the BCP, $400 is a very good offer, and this time they throw in the waived annual fee.
And this is all aside from the nice referrer bonus which your friend will get as well when you apply using their link. The referrer bonus is especially nice if you refer from the Gold, BCP or Everyday Preferred cards which already have high grocery category earnings.
Remember as always, you can use any Amex referral link to apply for any American Express personal or business card, and your friend will get the referrer bonus and you’ll hopefully see the increased referree bonus.
Do not leave your referrals in the comments below. They will be deleted and it can affect future commenting privileges. You can find links for these offers on this dedicated page. That page is closed for new comments.