- American Express have increased the sign up bonus on the Hilton HHonors Surpass card to 100,000 points if you spend $3,000 or more within three months of account opening
The Fine Print
- Annual fee of $75 is not waived
- American Express personal cards are not churnable. Welcome bonus is not available to those who have or who have had this card in the past.
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 12x points per dollar on purchases with a participating hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio
- 6x points per dollar U.S restaurants [read: best credit cards for restaurant purchases]
- 6x points per dollar at U.S supermarkets [read: best credit cards for grocery store spend]
- 6x points per dollar at U.S gas stations [read: best credit cards for gas station purchases]
- 3x points per dollar on all other purchases [read: best credit cards for every day spend]
- Card comes with complimentary gold status, if you spend $40,000 or more in a calendar year you will receive HHonors Diamond status through the end of next year
- Free priority pass membership
- Valid until June 30th, 2016
The standard bonus on this card now seems to be 75,000, with it being at 100,000 once before. If you applied for an inferior offer you should be able to get matched to this offer, do the following:
- Don’t message, online representatives do not have the ability to award courtesy points.
- Call and say you’re disappointed that a new higher bonus became available so recently after you applied.
- If you don’t get the full match then escalate. Ask politely to be escalated to a manager and repeat your disappointment in American Express due to the bonus change.
- If they say they’ll put in a request to get the bonus points, decline and hang up and call again. The requests are basically a blackhole and never get honored and removed your ability to try again.
Before applying for any American Express card I’d recommend you read these things you should know about American Express credit cards. They’ll also answer common questions you might have about American Express. The no annual fee American Express Hilton card is also up to 75,000 points (it’s highest ever).
Hat tip to US Credit Card Guide