Published on March 31st, 2016 | by William Charles14
American Express Hilton Surpass 100,000 Point Bonus Offer [New Highest Bonus]
- American Express have increased the sign up bonus on the Hilton HHonors Surpass card to 100,000 points if you spend $3,000 or more within three months of account opening
The Fine Print
- Annual fee of $75 is not waived
- American Express personal cards are not churnable. Welcome bonus is not available to those who have or who have had this card in the past.
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 12x points per dollar on purchases with a participating hotel or resort within the Hilton Portfolio
- 6x points per dollar U.S restaurants [read: best credit cards for restaurant purchases]
- 6x points per dollar at U.S supermarkets [read: best credit cards for grocery store spend]
- 6x points per dollar at U.S gas stations [read: best credit cards for gas station purchases]
- 3x points per dollar on all other purchases [read: best credit cards for every day spend]
- Card comes with complimentary gold status, if you spend $40,000 or more in a calendar year you will receive HHonors Diamond status through the end of next year
- Free priority pass membership
Standard bonus used to be 60,000 points, but we saw an increased offer to 85,000 points back in February. This is now the highest bonus we’ve seen by 15,000 points. As always, make sure you familiarize yourself with how much Hilton points are worth before pulling the trigger and remember you can only get the sign up bonus once per lifetime on American Express cards.
If you’ve recently applied for this card, it’s worth calling American Express to see if they’ll match (they don’t actually match, but they sometimes offer courtesy points). Here’s how to go about requesting a match:
- Don’t message, online representatives do not have the ability to award courtesy points.
- Call and say you’re disappointed that a new higher bonus became available so recently after you applied.
- If you don’t get the full match then escalate. Ask politely to be escalated to a manager and repeat your disappointment in American Express due to the bonus change.
- If they say they’ll put in a request to get the bonus points, decline and hang up and call again. The requests are basically a blackhole and never get honored and removed your ability to try again.
Before applying/asking a question in the comments please read these 20 Things Everybody Should Know About American Express.