- Receive a sign up bonus of up to 35,000 SPG points when you open a new SPG Business card from American Express. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- 25,000 points after $5,000 in spend within the first three months of account opening
- An additional 10,000 points after you make an additional $3,000 in spend within the first six months
- Offer is valid until April 5th, 2017
- Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product
- Annual fee of $95 is waived for the first year
- No foreign transaction fee
- Boingo internet access for up to four devices
- Premium in room internet at all SPG hotels
- Earn 2x points on all SPG purchases
- Earn 1x points on all other purchases
- Comes with Sheraton Lounge Access
- Has reciporcal earning with Marriott/Ritz-Carlton
This is the equal highest bonus ever on this card, last time it was offered it had a lower total spend requirement of only $5,000. That being said SPG has been acquired by Marriott now and SPG points can be transferred to Marriott at a rate of 1:3.
Keep in mind you’re not eligible for a bonus on this card if you have or have had this card before (personal card is treated separately, so this only applies if you’ve had or have the SPG business card). Also keep in mind the normal American Express application rules. Also read this page on things everybody should know about American Express cards first.
Should you apply? Well that depends if you can meet the minimum spend requirement of $8,000 (remember $3,000 of that is first six months and the other $5,000 is the first three months). Personally I wouldn’t risk manufactured spend with American Express, but everybody has different risk levels.
If you can meet the minimum spend requirement and haven’t already gotten this card – I’d go for it. I’d recommend using another readers referral link as well (these can be found here). SPG points are extremely valuable for SPG stays and can be converted to a lot of airline partners at good rates (with a bonus 5,000 for every 20,000 converted). You can also use these points to get closer to a Marriott Flight + Hotel package.
If you’ve recently signed up for this card, ask to be matched with American Express. There is also a similar offer on the personal card for 35,000 points but with a lower minimum spend requirement.