Published on September 23rd, 2018 | by William Charles6
[Expired] [IN & In-branch Only] Horizon Bank $300 Checking Bonus
This offer has expired, view the best current checking bonuses by clicking here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount:
- Availability: Good at LaPorte, South Bend, LaGrange, Topeka, Howe, Auburn, Garrett and Waterloo Horizon Bank locations only. All in IN
- Direct deposit required: Yes, recurring direct deposit of at least $100
- Additional requirements: 10 debit cards & online banking
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Unknown, mixed reports of them being sensitive
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: $5, avoidable
- Early account termination fee: $25, 90 days
- Household limit: One
- Expiration date: November 30th, 2018
- Open a qualifying checking account in branch by November 30th, 2018 and earn a bonus of up to $300:
- $200 when you have a reoccurring direct deposit of at least $100 and make 10 debit card transactions within 60 days of opening
- $100 when you register for online banking within 60 days of account opening
The Fine Print
- Offer available for customers opening a new personal checking account.
- Offer ends November 30, 2018.
- $200 will be deposited into your checking account within 30 days of verifying the following: 1. Recurring direct deposit of at least $100; 2. 10 point-of-sale debit card transactions (purchases with your debit card).
- If these 2 requirements are met, an additional $100 will be deposited when you register for online banking with this account.
- All activities must occur within the first 60 days from the account open date.
- Subject to 1099 reporting.
- Limit one account per household for the bonus.
- Good at LaPorte, South Bend, LaGrange, Topeka, Howe, Auburn, Garrett and Waterloo Horizon Bank locations only.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
Basic checking is the easiest to keep fee free unless you’re over 55 (as that account has no monthly fee). To avoid the $5 fee on the basic checking account do one of the following:
- Maintain a balance of $1,000
- Receive a direct deposit
Early Account Termination Fee
According to this comment there is a fee of $25 if the account is closed within 90 days.
We’ve seen the same bonus available at their Noblesville location before as well. Given that it’s a soft pull it should be worth doing for most people, just keep in mind there is at least one report of them being ChexSystems sensitive. If anybody goes for it then please share your experiences in the comments below. I will be adding it to the best bank bonuses.
Big thanks to reader, Jeff K who let us know. Learn how to find bonuses and contribute to the site here.
Useful posts regarding bank bonuses:
- A Beginners Guide To Bank Account Bonuses
- Bank Account Quick Reference Table (Spreadsheet) (very useful for sorting bonuses by different parameters)
- PSA: Don’t Call The Bank
- Introduction To ChexSystems
- Banks & Credit Unions That Are ChexSystems Inquiry Sensitive
- What Banks & Credit Unions Do/Don’t Pull ChexSystems?
- How To Use Our Direct Deposit Page For Bank Bonuses Page
- Common Bank Bonus Misconceptions + Why You Should Give Them A Go
- How Many Bank Accounts Can I Safely Open Within A Year For Bank Bonus Purposes?
- Affiliate Links & Bank Bonuses – We Won’t Be Using Them
- Complete List Of Ways To Close Bank Accounts At Each Bank
- Banks That Allow/Don’t Allow Out Of State Checking Applications
- Bank Bonus Posting Times