Published on February 16th, 2017 | by William Charles33
American Express SPG Personal Card Offers Now 35,000 Points
- Receive a sign up bonus of up to 35,000 SPG points when you open a new SPG Personal card from American Express. Bonus is broken down as follows:
- 25,000 points after $3,000 in spend within the first three months of account opening
- An additional 10,000 points after you make an additional $2,000 in spend within the first six months
- Offer is valid until April 5th, 2017
- Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product
- Annual fee of $95 is waived for the first year
- No foreign transaction fee
- Boingo internet access for up to four devices
- Premium in room internet at all SPG hotels
- Earn 2x points on all SPG purchases
- Earn 1x points on all other purchases
- Has reciporcal earning with Marriott/Ritz-Carlton
The Business card also has an increased bonus of 35,000 points. These are the highest bonuses ever on these cards, they do have a slightly higher spend requirement than last time they were offered (last time the personal required only $3,000 total spend). Although SPG points are now transferable to Marriott at a rate of 1:3.
Keep in mind you’re not eligible for a bonus on this card if you have or have had this card before (business card is treated separately, so this only applies if you’ve had or have the SPG personal card). Also keep in mind the normal American Express application rules. Also read this page on things everybody should know about American Express cards first.
If you can meet the minimum spend requirements and haven’t had (or have) this card before then I’d recommend applying, I’d recommend using another readers referral link as well (these can be found here).
I’ll create a detailed post with the best uses of 35,000 points shortly as well. If you’ve recently signed up for this card, ask to be matched with American Express.
Hat tip to US Credit Card Guide