Published on October 16th, 2018 | by William Charles45
Bank of America AirFrance/KLM Credit Card Now Live – 25,000 Miles & 3x
Bank of America AirFrance/KLM credit card is now live, as previously reported by us.
- Annual fee of $89
- Sign up bonus of 25,000 miles after $1,000 in spend
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 3x miles per $1 spent on AirFrance/KLM and Skyteam members
- 1.5x miles per $1 spent on all other purchases
- 60 XP (Experience Points) upon approval
- 5,000 anniversary bonus miles when you spend at least $50 in your previous card member year
- 20 XP (Experience Points) on card anniversary and an additional 40 XP if you spend $15,000 or more in your previous card member year
- No foreign transaction fees
The additional benefits of this card are somewhat lacking, you basically only get the 60 XP points upon approval and nothing else. It is interesting the card does earn 3x on all SkyTeam members. I think we will see a bigger bonus than 25,000 miles as well, traditionally that has been offered on the Alaska card but in recent times we’ve seen offers of 30,000 miles + $100 and 40,000 miles. My guess is that during the book process you might be able to get an extra $100 statement credit on this card to begin with.
It’s currently possible to transfer over miles from:
- Chase Ultimate Rewards
- American Express Membership Rewards
- Barclays Arrival Premier
- SPG Points
- Citi ThankYou Points
- Diners Club
They also have monthly sales on award flights. Personally I don’t think this card in it’s current form is worth considering. 25,000 miles and having to pay an annual fee simply isn’t worth it. If the bonus gets improved then that might change but for now it’s not worth it.