Published on August 12th, 2017 | by William Charles45
Barclaycard JetBlue Plus 40,000 Point Offer (Highest Ever)
- Barclaycard is offering a sign up bonus of 40,000 JetBlue points after $1,000 in spend within the first 90 days of account opening on the JetBlue Plus card.
- Offer valid until 1/31/18 based on e-mail sent out advertising offer
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 6x points per dollar spent on jetBlue purchases (previously 2x points)
- 2x points per dollar spent on restaurants and groceries (previously 1x point)
- 1x points per dollar spent on all other purchases
- Annual fee of $99 (not waived first year)
- Free checked bag for the primary cardmember and up to three companions on the same reservation when you use your JetBlue Plus Card to purchase tickets on JetBlue-operated flights
- Earn 5,000 bonus points every year after your account anniversary
- Enjoy all Mosaic benefits for one year after you spend $50,000 or more on purchases after your anniversary date
- Get 10% of your points back every time you redeem to use toward your next redemption
- No foreign transaction fees
- $100 statement credit after you purchase a Getaways vacation package with your card
- 50% savings on eligible inflight purchases including cocktails, food and movies
JetBlue points are worth between 0.97¢ & 1.89¢ and award flight prices are tied to the cash rate. That makes this bonus worth $388 & $756 in JetBlue/Hawaiian flights, just keep in mind you are paying a $99 annual fee. This is the highest sign up bonus we’ve seen on this card, normally it’s only 30,000 points after $1,000 in spend. You can also currently earn 3x JetBlue points on all Amazon purchases and JetBlue frequently has flights on sale that we post about. There are rumors that they plan to enter the transatlantic market based on changes to their Airbus orders. I think this is a pretty good sign up bonus if JetBlue services your local area/airport, I will be adding this to our list of the best credit card sign up bonuses.
As always if you have any questions I’d recommend reading our review of this card here and also everything you should know about Barclaycard credit cards here. For example if you’ve recently applied for this card under the 30,000 point bonus you can ask for a match, but they usually don’t match bonuses. At the moment there isn’t an increased bonus on the Business version of this card, but if there is we will create a new post.
Hat tip to reader Mordechai, Matt & Odie_Arbuckle on /r/churning