Published on September 20th, 2016 | by William Charles16
[CO only] Bellco Credit Union 2.25% Rewards Checking Account
Offer at a glance
- Interest Rate: 2.25% APY
- Minimum Balance: None
- Maximum Balance: $25,000
- Availability: Colorado only
- Direct deposit required: Yes
- Additional requirements: Yes, see below
- Hard/soft pull: Hard
- Credit card funding: None
- Monthly fees: None
- Early Account Termination Fee: Unknown
- Insured: NCUA
- Receive an interest rate of 2.25% APY on Bellco boost checking account on balances up to $25,000 when you met the following requirements:
- Make at least 15 debit card transactions
- Have at least one direct deposit per month
- Log in to online or mobile banking at least once per month
They say there is no monthly fees, but if you read the fine print it says there is no fee to use bill pay as long as each enrolled Bill Pay user completes at least one Bill Pay transaction per month.
Update: Seems like they will deny you if you apply from out of state.
Bellco is available to everybody by joining consumers united association ($5 annually or $25 for life). Otherwise you need to live or work in the following Colorado counties: Adams, Arapahoe, Broomfield, Denver, Douglas, Garfield, Jefferson, Mesa, Moffat, or Rio Blanco.
Requirements for the bonus rate are way to high considering it’s a rate of only 2.25%. In my opinion there are better options out there in terms of high interesting savings accounts. The other option is to just focus on accounts with a high sign up bonus instead.