Update 6/13/19: Rate will increase to 3.30% APY on 7/1/19.
January 2nd, 2018: Maximum balance has been increased from $15,000 to $20,000.
Offer at a glance
- Interest Rate: 3.30% APY
- Minimum Balance: None
- Maximum Balance: $20,000
- Availability: Nationwide with $5 donation
- Direct deposit required: Yes, no minimum specified
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Soft pull
- ChexSystems: Yes, mixed dp of being inquiry sensitive
- Credit card funding: Up to $1,200. Visa or Mastercard only
- Monthly fees: None
- Insured: NCUA
- Evansville Teachers Federal Credit Union (ETFCU) offer the Vertical Dividend Checking account, this account earns an APY of 3.30% on balances up to $20,000 when you complete the following requirements each month:
- 15 debit card purchases
- 1 direct deposit
- 1+ online or mobile banking login
- Receive eStatements
- You also get free ATM withdrawals worldwide (up to $15 per month)
This account has no monthly fees
According to the sign up page, anybody can join by making a $5 donation to the Mater Dei Friends & Alumni Association
One of the better nationwide high interest accounts, it’s nice that it’s a soft pull and you can fund a small amount with a credit card. The high maximum balance is also nice. As always, please share your experiences in the comments below.