Published on July 28th, 2017 | by William Charles24
Best ‘Frequent Miler’ Posts & Resources (Best Of Blogger Series)
I always think of Frequent Miler as the godfather of manufactured spending and the more creative aspects of points & miles. That might not be entirely accurate and some might disagree but Frequent Miler is one of my favorite blogs to read. Rather than doing a typical interview series, I wanted to do something different so instead settled on this “best of blogger series” where I share some of my favorite posts/resources from some of my favorite blogs and then they share their own favorite/most useful posts from their own sites.
My Favorite Frequent Miler Posts
These are in no particular order, but these are some of my favorite’s along with a short explanation why.
- Transfer Partner Master List. I always forget what flexible currencies transfer to different programs. This makes that information much more accessible than normal.
- Laboratory. Whenever I’m trying to stack deals, this is one of the first places I go. Super useful for knowing when portals pay out for gift card purchases or redemptions for example.
- Quick Deals. Lots of great deals are posted here on a regular basis!
- Manufactured Spending Complete Guide. Best place to start if you’re new to manufactured spending. Lots of useful actionable advice and remember to read the comments!
- The Fine Print Series. This is something new that I’m absolutely loving. Great to hear from attorney’s that are actually holding financial institutions to account. I used to also love bet you didn’t know, but unfortunately that series has ended.
Frequent Miler’s Favorite Own Posts
- Best Credit Card Offers and Top 10+ Credit Card Offers. We work very hard to list all of the best public offers. Cards are automatically sorted by our unbiased first year value estimate. Both of these pages (and a number of others) are completely driven by the same credit card database that we actively maintain for this purpose.
- The earn and burn fallacy. Shall we give hoarding and cherry picking a try instead? Many blogs advocate spending your points as soon as you earn them. I think that’s bad advice. This post explains why.
- How to prevent your brain from exploding. Often there are too many great deals going on at once for any sane person to take advantage of them all. In this post I argue for choosing your battles and preserving your brain.
- Marriott SPG Complete Guide to Sweet Opportunities. The Marriott SPG merger has led to a wealth of great new opportunities: new uses for points, new ways to get elite status, and more. Here’s the complete guide.
- How to get Hyatt Diamond benefits without status. I love Hyatt Diamond (now “Globalist”) perks, but I’d hate to spend the money it would take to get and keep that status the way Hyatt intended. Fortunately, it is possible to get nearly all top tier Hyatt benefits without having status at all and yes, this still works in the new World of Hyatt program.
- Learning Scuba and feeding fish. This post is very different from most of my other posts. This one was straight-up storytelling about my torturous pursuit of Scuba certification.
- My job? I blog. Here’s the answer to your next question… Seriously, everyone asks this. How can I earn a living writing a blog? Here’s the answer.
Again big thanks to Frequent Miler for agreeing to participate in this series, I’m sure most of you already read his site but if you don’t then hopefully this gives you a spring board into some of his great content. You can also catch him on social media: