Published on February 27th, 2018 | by Chuck16
Blue Business Plus now has 10,000 Membership Rewards Referral Bonus for Both Parties
- Refer a friend to the card and get 10,000 bonus Membership Rewards points
- New member will also get 10,000 Membership Rewards after spending $3,000 within 3 months
The Fine Print
- To receive the Referral Bonus you must submit referral(s) by 07/25/2018, and the referred individual(s) must apply to the specific offer online through your personalized link provided by American Express by 07/25/2018.
- Maximum of 55,000 points per calendar year can be earned through the referral program for this card.
- We may disclose your name, email address and status as an American Express Card Member, and the fact that you will receive a bonus if they take advantage of the offer, in the emails we send to the individuals you refer.
- Some of the individuals you refer may not receive a referral e-mail if they have previously “opted out” of receiving e-mail marketing communications from American Express.
- Please allow 8-12 weeks for the Referral Bonus to post to your account after each referred individual is approved for the Card.
- The value of the Referral Bonus may be taxable income to you. You are responsible for any federal or state taxes resulting from the Referral Bonus. Please consult your tax advisor if you have questions about the tax treatment of a Referral Bonus.
- 2x Membership Rewards points on all purchases for the first $50,000 per calendar year
- 1x Membership Rewards points on all other purchases
- No annual fee
For someone in 2-player mode, this referral offer is essentially the same thing as the initial bonus which Amex put out at card launch of 20,000 points. For those in single-player mode, it is worth trying to call in and ask if they have the 20k offer available over the phone (there have been recently reported successes with this method). Otherwise, be sure to apply with a referral link to get at least the 10k bonus.
Please don’t leave referrals in the comments here – leave them on this dedicated referral page by following the instructions there.
Though 20k MR isn’t a ton, the Blue Business Plus card is a nice card to have at 2x everywhere. Being a business card it won’t even show up on your credit report so it’s just a hard pull to swallow, and Amex is usually pretty easy to get approvals with.
Note, it is a credit card and will be subject to Amex’s 5-limit on those. Other Things to Know about American Express Credit Cards can be found here.
Hat tip to uscreditcardguide