Published on August 4th, 2016 | by William Charles20
Blue Cash Preferred: Up To $450 Back ($250 Sign Up Bonus + 5% On Travel)
- Receive a sign up bonus of $250 after you spend $1,000 on purchases within the first three months of card membership on the Blue Cash Preferred card (You might see an offer for only $150, apparently I was seeing the higher incognito mode offer)
- You’ll also earn 5% back on up to $4,000 in eligible travel purchases on the card within the first six months of card membership
- $95 annual fee (recently increased)
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 6% cash back at U.S. supermarkets (up to $6,000 in spend annually, then 1%)
- 3% cash back at U.S. gas stations and select U.S. department stores
- 1% back on all other purchases
- You can only get the sign up bonus on American Express cards once
The standard bonus on this card is $150, recently they have offered the following:
You can also sometimes get $250 back by using incognito mode. This deal is much better than the Every Day card because the actual sign up bonus is much higher than normal. I don’t think we’ve seen a better offer than this anytime, even with incognito mode (I’m sure people will point out in the comments if I’m wrong on that, I’m not 100% sure). Before applying for either read these things you should know about American Express cards.
Looks like American Express will continue to tweak these offers and offer a higher than normal standard bonus, plus a spending bonus on a specific category.