Published on May 19th, 2014 | by William Charles6
[CA Only] Logix Bank $150 Checking Promotion
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $150
- Availability: CA only, in branch
- Direct deposit required: Optional (+$50)
- Additional requirements: Open account (+$50), do three online Bill Pays (+$50)
- Hard/soft pull: HARD, report of soft pull
- Credit card funding: ?
- Monthly fees: $2.95, waivable
- Early account termination fee: $0
- Expiration date: None specified
- Receive up to $150 for setting up a new bank account with Logix
- Receive $50 when you open your next account with $250 (received the next day)
- Sign up for direct deposit within 60 days of account opening and receive another $50
- Pay 3 bills via web bill pay of $50 or more within 60 days of account opening and receive $50
The Fine Print
- Direct deposit and bill pay bonuses will be deposited within 30 days after the requirements are completed
- Limit one per household
- Current checking account holders are excluded
- Accounts must be opened in branch to receive this offer [Branch locator], you also must bring this coupon with you.
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
All accounts are fee free for the first two months because you’re given gold status automatically. You can view the full schedule of fees by clicking here.
Advantage checking $2.95 Monthly Fee – Waivable
This account has a monthly fee of $2.95 which can be waived if you:
- receive a direct deposit of $100 or more OR
- opt for e-Statements
- $750 daily checking balance
- Gold or platinum level of relationship rewards
Early Account Termination Fee $0
There is no early account termination fee mentioned in the schedule of fees, although we could’ve easily missed it.
I live in the service area for this deal (it’d involve a bit of a drive as it must be opened in branch) but because of the hard pull to open the account I won’t be completing this deal. I’d prefer to use my hard credit pulls on credit card applications, as the sign up bonuses are usually much bigger than $150. If I was going to open this account, here is what I’d do:
- Open an advantage checking account (lowest requirements to keep fee free), fund the initial opening amount with a credit card if possible up to the maximum amount. Ensuring I use a credit card with the CA limit set to $0. If credit card funding is not available I’d fund it with the minimum amount of $250 (+$50)
- Opt for e-statements to keep the account fee free
- Divert $250 of my paycheck to the new account to trigger the direct deposit requirement (+$50). There isn’t any information on other methods that’d trigger the direct deposit requirement so I’d have to do this to make sure.
- Pay 3 bill pays over $25 each (+$50)
- Wait for all the bonuses to post then close the account
Because of the hard pull this deal didn’t make it to our page on the best checking account bonuses. We did add it to our ever growing list of all checking account bonuses currently available. Make sure you contact us if you know of any other checking account bonuses.