Published on January 30th, 2019 | by William Charles23
Chase British Airways: Up To 120,000 Points (4x Points Per $1 Spent, Up To $30,000 In Spend)
- Chase is offering 4 Avios per $1 spent on the Chase British Airways card on up to $30,000 in spend (120,000 maximum Avios).
- You can also get the same deal on the Aer Lingus & Iberia cards
- Chase’s 5/24 rule does apply to this card.
- Card earns at the following rates (first $30,000 in the first year will earn 4x points per $1 spent):
- Earns 3 Avios per $ on British Airways purchases
- Earns 1 Avios per $ on all other purchases
- As a general rule, Chase does match offers.
The current public offer is also for up to 120,000 points, that is broken down as follows:
- Earn 50,000 Avios after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months of cardmembership.
- Earn an additional 25,000 Avios after spending $10,000 in the first 12 months of cardmembership.
- Earn a total of 75,000 Avios after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months of cardmembership AND a total of $10,000 in the first 12 months of cardmembership. (85,000 Avios counting the 10,000 Avios from spending.)
- Earn an additional 25,000 Avios after spending $20,000 in the first 12 months of cardmembership.
- Earn a total of 100,000 Avios after spending $3,000 in the first 3 months of cardmembership AND a total of $20,000 in the first 12 months of cardmembership. (120,000 Avios counting the 20,000 Avios from spending.)
I think that’s a much strong offer because if you only end up spending $3,000 you’ll still get 50,000 points, whereas with this offer you’d only get 12,000 points. In fact the other offer is stronger at every level (e.g at $10,000 spend you’d be getting 75,000 points with the other offer and only 40,000 points with this offer. If you spend $20,000 with the other offer you’d get the 120,000 points whereas you’d need to spend $30,000 with this offer). We also recently saw a targeted bonus of up to 100,000 Avios + $200 statement credit. I’m really on posting this as some blogs with affiliate links are pushing this offer and I want our readers to know it’s a bad deal.
If you’re considering applying for this card, you’ll first want to read about these things everybody should know about Chase credit cards. Also make sure to apply for the other offer.