Published on May 16th, 2017 | by Chuck46
Chase Freedom Cards: $15 Back with Android Pay Usage at the Grocery
- Get a $15 statement credit when you tap-and-pay with Android Pay five times with your Freedom or Freedom Unlimited card at the grocery store
Lots of people are getting an email about this or seeing it in the Android Pay app. If you add your card now, you should see the promotion as well in the app.
The Fine Print
- Valid May 15 through June 15, 2017
- Only the first 24,000 cardmembers who qualify will receive a $15 statement credit
- Purchases are when you, or an authorized user, use a card to make purchases of products and services, minus returns or refunds
- Please allow up to 8 weeks after the qualifying purchase(s) post(s) to your account for the statement credit to post to your Chase Freedom or Chase Freedom UnlimitedSM account
- If you change your credit card product during the promotional period you will forfeit this offer
- Limit one statement credit per customer or card account
Note, the credit will only be given to the first 24,000 users. I interpret that to mean that the first 24k people who complete five grocery transactions with Freedom or CFU on Android Pay will get the credit.
In my view, it’s tone-deaf to make a 5-transaction requirement and then limit it to 24k users since that’ll encourage the self-checkout/promo-seekers, as opposed to getting people used to using the card at the grocery. In any case, that’s what you’ll want to be doing.
You should be using the Freedom card at the grocery now, in any case, due to the 5x points on up to $1,500 in purchases for Q2 2017.