Published on January 20th, 2018 | by William Charles226
[Expired] [Updates] Chase Pay: 10x/10% Points At Best Buy On Up To $300
This deal has expired and is unfortunately no longer available. Never miss another deal again by signing up for free and instant notifications of new posts.
(1/20/18) Fourth Update: Chase tells us that:
The Chase Pay® Best Buy® promo posted on bestbuy.com on 1/17/2018 reflected an incorrect offer amount. The offer is valid for purchases up to $300. Customers that had qualifying purchases between $300 and $400 on 1/17/2018 will receive adjustments to their accounts within the next two weeks.
They’ve also confirmed that the offer is public for all Sapphire cards.
(1/18/18) Third Update: Now emails are going out on Freedom Unlimited and all Sapphire cards. Limit is $300, I’ve updated title. Also added direct links to all cards.
(1/18/18) Second Update: Offer is now rolling out to Sapphire cards. It might also be available on the Freedom Unlimited. *Important* The limit is now showing as $300 even for the Freedom card which was previously showing $400 limit. More details on these changes in this dedicated post.
Update: I’ve heard back from Chase and there is a few important things to note:
- This is only available on the Chase Freedom card. It is not available for Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Sapphire, Chase Sapphire Preferred or Chase Sapphire Reserve cardholders.
- This is available to all Chase Freedom cardholders. This is not a targeted offer and there is no need to enroll.
- This deal is available to cardholders who participated in the previous promotion (it’s also available to cardholders who didn’t participate in that promotion)
- This deal is a maximum of 10% cash back. You will earn 5% bonus cash back, plus an additional 5% cash back as Chase Pay is a rotating 5% category for quarter one. If you’ve already hit the spending cap of $1,500 for this quarter you’ll receive a total of 6% cash back (5% bonus cash back plus the regular 1% cash back).
- Chase Pay is offering 10% cash back when you use Chase Pay at Best Buy on up to $400 in purchases. The above link is for the Chase Freedom, I’m not sure if this also applies to other Chase cards as it did last time.
The Fine Print
- Offer valid in-store only. During the promotional period of January 15, 2018, to February 4, 2018, earn an extra 9% cash back on up to $400 in purchases at Best Buy® when you check out with your Chase Freedom card using Chase Pay.
- The bonus cash back earned is in addition to the 1% cash back you earn on all purchases for a total of 10% cash back.
- Bonus cash back will post to your account within a week of the transaction posting, and will appear on your monthly credit card billing statement and be available for use within 1–2 billing cycles.
- To qualify for this promotional offer, account must be open and not in default at the time of fulfillment.
- This promotional offer is non-transferable.
- For more information about your rewards program, see your Rewards Program Agreement.
Shame that this is only for Chase Freedom cardholders and it’s a total of 10% back instead of 15%, but can’t really complain too much. You can view other Best Buy promotions by clicking here. You can only use Chase Pay on Best Buy purchases in store so keep that in mind. No registration is required. Swagbucks is also offering another 2% back in store as well.
Hat tip to reader TA