Update 11/01/2018: Conversely some people loaded and didn’t get the Stars, so I’m adding YMMV back.
Update 10/30/18: Reposting because reader David didn’t see the promotion listed anywhere, reloaded $25 anyway and received the bonus stars. Because of that I’m removing the YMMV aspect of the title.
Update 10/29/18: If this isn’t/wasn’t working for you, try the following tips:
- Make sure your apps are updated to the latest version
- Log out of your Starbucks account
- Hope for the best
- Log back into your Starbucks account
- Offer appears (hopefully)
This is working for some people, but not everybody. It’s possible the offer is being pushed out to all accounts but is taking some time to propagate. If it’s not currently working I’d recommend trying in a day or two.
No direct link, in app
- If you reload your Starbucks balance with Chase Pay you can earn up to 475 bonus stars. Each reload needs to be at least $20 and is broken down as follows:
- Reload once and earn 125 bonus stars
- Reload twice and earn 275 bonus stars
- Reload three times and earn 475 bonus stars
- You can earn a maximum of 475 bonus stars
The Fine Print
- Valid until December 12th, 2018
A free item at Starbucks costs 125 stars (assuming you already have gold status, otherwise you need to earn 300 stars for gold status first). If you maxed out this promotion by doing three loads of $20 you’d have enough for 3.8 free items/drinks. If you’re a Starbucks fan, don’t forget about the Starbucks Bingo game either. Overall this is a pretty good deal if you’re going to need the Starbucks credit anyway.
Hat tip to readers Mahesh D & @beeferl