Direct link to offer (if the offer doesn’t show for you try a different device or just wait a few hours and it should show)
- Signup for the Chase Sapphire Preferred and get 80,000 points after $4,000 in spend within the first three months.
- $95 annual fee (not waived first year)
- No foreign transaction fees
- Primary car rental insurance
- This card earns at the following rates:
- 2x points per $1 spent on travel and dining at restaurants
- 1x points per $1 spent on all other purchases
- Transferable points
- Redeem points on Chase’s travel portal at a value of 1.25¢ due to the 25% travel redemption bonus
- Not eligible if you’ve received a sign up bonus on the Sapphire Preferred/Reserve in the last 48 months (standard is now 48 months)
- Chase 5/24 rule applies to this card
Previously this was a targeted only offer, but now it’s also available to the general public as well. This is a fantastic offer, Chase Ultimate Rewards points can be transferred to transfer partners at a 1:1 rate and at the moment they are also worth 1.25¢ back when using Pay Yourself Back. If you’re eligible then I’d definitely recommend signing up for this card, sadly most people won’t be eligible due to the 5/24 rule and 48 month Sapphire rule. We will still be adding this to our list of the best credit card bonuses.
If you signed up for this card recently Chase will usually match a new higher sign up bonus if it’s within 90 days. Sometimes when offers are first increased Chase will deny the match, so if you’re not having any success it might be worth waiting a day or two and trying again. If you have any other questions about Chase cards, I’d recommend reading this post to see if they are answered before asking in the comments. Referral links are still showing the lower 60,000 point offer, if that changes we will likely make a referral thread.
Hat tip to reader Jake S