Published on March 20th, 2018 | by William Charles72
Chase ‘Selected For You’ Offers No Longer Bypass 5/24
One of the more popular ways to bypass the Chase 5/24 rule is by applying through a ‘selected for you’ offer with a green tick mark. Unfortunately it looks like this method might no longer work, specifically data points from the start of March on wards are showing denials and no approvals for those over 5/24. The data points (1, 2, 3, 4) were originally found by U.S. Credit Card Guide. Keep in mind they aren’t in english, but you can use google translate to confirm for yourself.
- Didn’t bypass 5/24: 1, 2, 3, 4 (these are the original US Credit Card Guide data points) 1, 2, 3 [fixed APR], 4, 5, 6, 7, (these are our new datapoints)
- Did bypass 5/24:
In branch pre-approval data points:
I’d like to see some more data points from readers. Please use the following format:
- Are you sure you applied for a selected for you offer? Make sure you’re only providing datapoints regarding these offers. More information on them here.
- Did you apply after March 1st? We are only interested in new datapoints. If you did apply after March 1st, what date did you apply?
- What is your chase 5/24 status and total?
- What card did you apply for?
Fingers crossed that we get some datapoints showing approvals!