Published on June 13th, 2018 | by William Charles27
Chase To Launch Marriott Rewards Premier Plus Business Card On August 26th
As part of the Marriott/SPG acquisition Chase & American Express made a number of changes to their credit card line ups. Despite adding a Marriott Premier Plus personal card, it looked like the Business card was largely staying the same. It looks like that won’t be the case for long with a document showing details of a Premier Plus Business card that looks like will start from August 26th, 2018 onwards (and presumably existing Premier cardholders will be converted?). The new card will earn at the following rates:
- Six Marriott rewards points per dollar spent at participating hotels
- Four Marriott rewards points per dollar spent on the following categories: restaurants, gas stations, shipping, internet, cable and phone services
- Two points per dollar spent on all other purchases
It isn’t clear what other benefits the card will come with. The full program agreement can be found here. There is also some confusion in the comments as Chase is supposed to lose the ability to issue business cards as part of the Marriott/SPG acquisition. There are two things that could be at play here:
- This won’t be issued as a new card and will only be offered as an upgrade
- Chase will continue to be able to issue a business cards until the programs formally merge (as American Express seems to be able to do with the mass market consumer cards).
Readers will also wonder if this new card is subjected to the Chase 5/24 rule or not (as currently the Marriott business card isn’t). This is impossible to know at this stage.