The points you can earn & redeem are called CheckPoints. There are a number of different ways you can earn these points:
- Check in at specific merchants
- Scan specific products at specific merchants
- Watch videos
- Take quizzes
- Shop the web
- Complete offers
- Perform searches
- Download apps
The amount of points that you’ll earn is dependent on the store or other action you’re completing. You’ll also get 20 bonus points when you download CheckPoints. When you scan products you also get a chance to win a Jackpot of more points.
When you refer somebody you’ll get a bonus 100% of their points for the points they earn for the first two weeks (up to a maximum of 7,500 points per referral). The person you refer will still earn the standard amount of points, but there is no bonus for using a referral code.
Feel free to share your referral in the comments, but You must follow these directions carefully; otherwise, your referral will be removed. This is to minimize the volume of referrals in the comments.
- Retweet this tweet first (make sure you retweet the linked tweet)
- In the comment form, there is a section for a website. Put your Twitter handle in there (this helps us verify that you’ve retweeted it)
- Post a comment with your referral link or your email address to refer
- Please only post once, do not make multiple accounts or try and get around the rules. If it becomes too hard to manage, we’ll just stop posting these posts.
There are a number of things you can redeem points for:
- $10 Amazon gift card: 3,350 points
- $10 Target gift card: 3,375 points
- $10 Walmart gift card: 3,375 points
- $100 Walmart gift card: 32,00 points
- 500 Southwest Points: 3,850 points
- 500 American Airline miles: 3,750 miles
Best you can seem to do is about 0.3125¢ per point.
CheckPoints is extremely similar to ShopKick with a bit of SwagBucks thrown in for good measure. Personally I don’t find these apps a good use of my time, but if you have time to burn when you’re out already shopping it might be useful for you.