Published on August 20th, 2017 | by William Charles13
Citi Adds Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles As 1:1 Transfer Partner & What You Should Know
Citi has added Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles loyalty program as a transfer partner from Citi ThankYou points, the transfer rate is 1:1 (minimum of 1,000 miles at a time).
Citi has been continually adding new transfer partners with the most recent before this Jet Airways JetPrivilege. A full list of Citi’s transfer partners is below and you can view a full list of the previous transfer bonuses they have offered here.
|Hilton (1:1.5 rate)||EVA Air Infinity MileageLands||Malaysia Airlines Enrich|
|AirFrance-KLM Flying Blue||Etihad Guest||Qatar Airways Privilege Club|
|Asia Miles||Garuda Indonesia Frequent Flyer||Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer|
|Thai Airways Royal Orchid Plus||Virgin Atlantic Flying Club||Qantas|
|JetBlue (1:0.8 rate, 0.5 with Preferred)||Sears SYWRP (1:12)||Jet Airways JetPrivilege|
|Turkish Airlines Miles & Smiles|
What You Need To Know About Turkish Airlines
- Turkish Airlines has two types of awards:
- Capacity controlled/Limited capacity (basically saver awards with other programs)
- Guaranteed seat
- Award charts:
- Booking Star Alliance awards isn’t an easy process. You need to call in on 1-8008748875. This Flyertalk thread details the process.
- Stopover rules (via shipitkthx83):
- On Turkish Airlines: One stopover is permitted where award tickets are used for flights on Turkish Airlines.
- On Star Alliance Member Airlines: Our Members Are Allowed to Have One Stopover for Awards with Values from Min.60.000 Miles for Economy Class, From Min. 90.000 Miles for Business Class and from Min.135.000 Miles for First Class
- Best value/sweet spot seems to be business class flights from North America to Europe (including Turkey) for 90,000 points round trip, middle east for 94,000 and middle asia (including India) for 105,000. These are partner awards and need to be booked via phone.