Published on January 31st, 2019 | by William Charles47
Citi Prestige Available For Sign Up – 50,000 Point Bonus
- Citi is offering the Citi Prestige card for sign up again. Bonus is 50,000 points after $4,000 in spend within the first 3 months
- Annual fee of $495, not waived first year
- $250 travel credit
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 5x air travel & restaurants
- 3x hotels & cruise lines
- 1x all other purchases
- 4th night free benefit can be used twice per calendar year
- Only bookings made on or after September 1, 2019, will count toward the 2019 cap. Earlier bookings will not count toward the cap.
- Priority Pass select lounge access
- Bonus ThankYou® Points are not available if you received a new cardmember bonus for Citi Rewards+℠, Citi ThankYou® Preferred, Citi ThankYou® Premier/Citi Premier℠ or Citi Prestige® or if you have closed any of these cards, in the past 24 months
- In May 2019 Citi will add cell phone insurance
- View our full review here
Card has not been available for some time after changes to the card were announced. I was hoping for a stronger launch offer than 50,000 points to be honest. It was recently possible to get 60,000 points on the Citi Premier for example. I think most people will not be eligible due to the Citi family rule.
One of the main selling points for the Prestige is the 4th night free benefit, but that is being limited to two uses per year in September so that greatly devalues the card.