Published on March 19th, 2019 | by William Charles3
Citi Rewards+: 10,000 Points + $100 Live Nation Credit Sign Up Bonus
- Citi is offering an increased sign up bonus on the Citi Rewards+ card. Bonus is as follows:
- 10,000 Citi ThankYou points after $1,000 in spend in the first three months
- $100 statement credit when you use your card to pay for Live Nation ticket purchases of at least $100
- No annual fee
- Card earns ThankYou points
- Earn 2x points on grocery and gas, up to $6,000 per year, then 1x
- Earn 1x points on everything else
- Standard Citi credit card protections: Trip Cancellation/Interruption Protection, Car Rental Insurance, Travel Accident Insurance, Damage & Theft Protection, Extended Warranty, 90 Day Return Protection
- Bonus ThankYou Points are not available if you received a new cardmember bonus for Citi Rewards+℠, Citi ThankYou®Preferred, Citi ThankYou® Premier/Citi Premier℠ or Citi Prestige®, or if you have closed any of these cards, in the past 24 months.
- Low intro rate on purchases and balance transfers
- 3% foreign transaction fee
- 10% rebate on all redeemed points each year, on up to the first 100,000 redeemed points
Standard sign up bonus on this card is 15,000 points. This is 5,000 points less but it does come with the statement credit. Don’t think either deal really makes sense to sign up for directly given the 24 month restrictive language. Would make more sense to get a bigger sign up bonus on the Premier/Prestige and then downgrade to this card to take advantage of the 10% rebate. Because of that I won’t be adding this to our list of the best credit card bonuses. If you have any questions about Citi cards, read this post as they are most likely answered there.
Hat tip to G W