Published on April 21st, 2019 | by William Charles23
E*Trade: Up To $2,500 Brokerage Bonus & 500 Commission Free Trades ($25,000-$1,000,000 Required)
- E*Trade is offering a bonus of up to $2,500 when you open up a new E*Trade. Bonus is tiered depending on how much you deposit in cash or securities within 60 days of account opening.
- $2,500 bonus when you open a new account with $1,000,000+
- $1,200 bonus when you open a new account with $500,000-$999,999
- $600 bonus when you open a new account with $250,000-$499,999
- $300 bonus when you open a new account with $100,000-$249,999
- $200 bonus when you open a new account with $25,000-$99,999
- Anything under $25,000 just receives the commission free trades
The Fine Print
- Offer valid for one new E*TRADE Securities non-retirement brokerage account opened by 12/31/2019 and funded within 60 days of account opening with $10,000 or more
- New funds or securities must: be deposited or transferred within 60 days of enrollment in offer, be from accounts outside of E*TRADE, and remain in the account (minus any trading losses) for a minimum of six months or the cash credit may be surrendered. Multiple deposits made to eligible accounts will be aggregated and will receive a credit on a pro-rata basis once the new account has been funded with at least $10,000
- Excludes current E*TRADE Financial Corporation associates, non-U.S. residents, and any jurisdiction where this offer is not valid. You must be the original recipient of this offer to enroll. This offer is not valid for E*TRADE Securities retirement, E*TRADE Futures, E*TRADE Bank, or E*TRADE Savings Bank accounts. One promotion per customer. E*TRADE Securities reserves the right to terminate this offer at any time.
Funds need to stay in the account for a minimum of six months and must be maintained (minus any loses). Brokerage bonuses aren’t massive on a percentage basis, but it’s still extra money just for moving funds/securities around. I’ve previously thought it wasn’t worth the effort involved, but readers that do these sorts of bonuses frequently are slowly changing my mind on that. Because of that I will be creating a best brokerage bonus page soon, if you know of any brokerage bonuses we haven’t already covered then let us know in the comments below.
Hat tip to reader NYC