Update 1/10/21: Deal available again. Hat tip to reader Peak
- TradeStation is offering a bonus of $100 when you open a new account with promo code TSTVAFVE, deposit a minimum of $500 within 30 days of account opening and maintain $500+ for five months (five monthly $20 payments)
The Fine Print
- Only New Entity (non-Institutional), IRAs, Individual or Joint equities and futures accounts with the correct promotional code entered between March 1, 2020 and July 1, 2020 (the “Promotional Period”), and initially funded with New Assets (as defined below) of $500 or more are eligible for this cash offer.
- To qualify, you must enroll your new account (the “Account”) either by entering the promotional code on your new account application or by requesting to enroll, via telephone, with a TradeStation Representative.
- Existing clients of TradeStation, Benzinga employees and TradeStation employees are excluded from this offer.
- New Assets is defined as cash or securities held at a financial institution other than TradeStation (assets transferred from an existing TradeStation account do not qualify), which are deposited into the Account within 30 calendar days of Account enrollment.
- Your Account will not qualify for the cash offer if you withdraw or transfer assets from your Account, then redeposit them into the Account during the Promotional Period.
- New Assets will be based on initial funding amount. Asset fluctuations (up or down) do not affect the calculation of Qualifying Assets.
- Clients must maintain minimum funding of $500 through the month following fund date.
- Your one-time cash reward will be deposited into the Account the month following.
- Customers who receive promotional offers may be subject to IRS Form 1099-MISC reporting requirements should the total value of those items exceed $599 in a calendar year.
- Please consult a tax professional.
Seems like a straight forward brokerage bonus, basically just deposit $500+ and then wait a month. Looks like if you open a TS GO account there are no fees or minimum requirements, although there is a $10 trading charge if you use the desktop platform so better to use the web/mobile app. This will be added to our best brokerage bonus page.
Hat tip to reader RoyalGreen