One of the benefits of the new American Express Gold card is that each calendar month you receive up to $10 in statement credits for purchases made at participating partners. The participating partners are: Grubhub, Seamless, The Cheesecake Factory, Ruth’s Chris Steak House and participating Shake Shack locations (excludes locations in ballparks, stadiums, airports and racetracks). The most interesting option is Grubhub as they are similar to UberEats where they offer a collection of different restaurants. Seamless is basically just GrubHub with a different name, from what I’ve seen they offer the exact same restaurants.
Things To Know
- They offer pick up as well as delivery. Pick up obviously carries no delivery fee.
- Update: This has been removed from the F.A.Q, so I guess prices might not be the same.
Prices are the same . Some people complain that prices are higher on GrubHub than directly with the restaurant. According to GrubHub’s own F.A.Q this isn’t actually allowed: The restaurants we work with are contractually obligated to match the prices they have set on their menus. If you see any discrepancies, reach us on our Contact Us page and we’ll talk to the restaurant.
GrubHub often has promotions that make the service more attractive to use. We will always post GrubHub promotions when we see them, if you see any we don’t have listed then contact us.
These promotions can only be used by new users of GrubHub. I’m not sure if they can be stacked or not, if you give it a try then let us know in the comments below.
- Drop is offering 25,000 points (worth $25) for first time users. Might be targeted
- Promo code GRUBHUBAPP15 offers $15 off your first delivery order of $20 or more.
- Taco Bell: Free delivery on orders of $12+
- American Express sync offer. Spend $20 and get $5 off, can be used twice.
- Seamless: $10 Off $15+ With Venmo (Requires .edu E-mail). Keep in mind you need to pay with Venmo so won’t be able to stack with the Gold card benefit.
Do gift card purchases work?
According to this DP, seamless gift cards don’t work. I assume the same is for GrubHub. The fine print also specifically states gift cards are excluded.