- No annual fee
- No sign up bonus
- Card earns 5x, then 1x (up to $25,000 in spend during a period of 12 billing cycles) on qualifying business expenses:
- Telecommunication Equipment and Telephone Sales” (MCC 4812)
- “Telecommunication services” (MCC 4814)
- “Computer Network/Information Services” (MCC 4816)
- “Cable and other pay television” (MCC 4899)
- “Electric, Gas, Sanitary and Water Utilities” (MCC 4900)
- “Photographic, Photocopy, Microfilm Equipment and Supplies” (MCC 5044)
- “Computer and Computer Peripheral Equipment and Software” (MCC 5045)
- “Commercial Equipment (Not Elsewhere Classified)” (MCC 5046)
- “Office and Commercial Furniture” (MCC 5021)
- “Stationery, Office Supplies, Printing, and Writing Paper” (MCC 5111)
- “Stationery Stores, Office and School Supply Stores” (MCC 5943)
- “Advertising Services” (MCC 7311)
- “Computer Maintenance and Repair Services, Not Elsewhere Classified” (MCC 7379)
- “Management, Consulting, and Public Relations Services” (MCC 7392)
- Card earns 2x on gas and dining transactions up to $25,000 (then 1x)
- Card earns 1x on all other purchases
- Cell Phone Insurance: Up to $600 per claim/$1,000 per 12 months. $50 deductible.
- 0% Introductory APR on purchases and balance transfers for first 6 billing cycles
How Much Are Points Worth?
Points can be redeemed for the following:
- Gift cards/certificates
- Travel (Airline, Hotel and Car Rental)
- Cash back as a statement credit to the Account
- Other goods and services
Thanks to reader Jeff H for letting us know the rates you can redeem at:
- $100 cash = 13,000 (0.769¢ per point)
- $25 cash = 3,800 points(0.657¢ per point)
This looks to be similar to the Chase Ink Plus & American Express Simplycash Plus, but without a sign up bonus and with more 5% categories. The downside is that the points are not worth as much. Some people might be interested to increase their spending capacity at office supply stores, just keep in mind that FNBO is usually inquiry sensitive so getting approved can be an issue.
We will add this to our list of the best cards for office supply purchases, there are other cards that earn at a much higher rate on gas & dining purchases.