This bonus has now expired, they are offering a iLive Bluetooth Speaker which is valued at under $50. You can view more cash checking sign up bonuses here.
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100 in cash and gift cards
- Availability: Must live or work in Baker, Clay, Duval, Flagler, Nassau, Putnam or St. Johns counties in Florida
- Direct deposit required: Optional
- Additional requirements: See below
- Hard/soft pull: Unknown
- Credit card funding: Unknown
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $10 if closed within 6 months
- Expiration date: None listed
- Receive the following bonuses from Community First Credit Union of Florida when you use promotional code CHK2014, you must mention this offer at the time of opening.
- $25 for opening a new checking account
- $25 for direct deposit
- $25 per friend you refer
- $50 dining card for new debit card (this seems to be a restaurant.com gift card, which are not worth anywhere near their face value)
The Fine Print
- There is a joining free of $5 which will be held in your community first share account
- Minimum opening deposit of $25
- All bank account bonuses are treated as income/interest and as such you have to pay taxes on them
There is an opening fee of $5 which is unavoidable, this is put into your share account. According to their fee schedule there is an early account termination fee of $10 if you close the account within 6 months of account opening.
They also offer a referral program which is OK. More information is found here. Basically you both get the following:
- $50 RESTAURANT CREDIT (Dining Dough) for ordering a Debit Card at account opening
- $25 CASH BONUS for a new Checking account
- $25 CASH BONUS for a Direct Deposit of at least $300
This bonus is relatively small ($100 and $50 of that is in restaurant.com gift cards which are only really worth maybe 10% of face value). Because of this and the fact we don’t know whether this is a hard or soft pull to open and what counts as a direct deposit I wouldn’t recommend this bonus to anybody.
Instead have a look at some of the bonuses we do recommend or our complete listing of checking account sign up bonuses.