Published on April 12th, 2016 | by Chuck4
Free Starbucks Gold Status with any Purchase
Starbucks just changed the way their My Starbucks Rewards program works. It’s now based on the amount spent, not on number of transactions. As part of the new rollout, they have a special offer:
- Get Starbucks Gold Status with any purchase in-store or online made by May 2
Instead of having to $150 (300 Stars) to get Gold, you’ll get Gold after just one purchase made by May 2. New Gold members will get one year of Gold Status under this offer, and existing Gold members will get an additional year of Gold Status.
As a Gold member, you get a star reward for every 125 stars and you’ll get monthly double star days.
The Fine Print
Eligible transactions are those that earn Stars—any purchase made with the Starbucks app or with your registered Card at Starbucks, Teavana or Evolution Fresh. Taxes, tips, fees, alcohol, donations or any card-to-card transactions may be excluded. Entering a Star Code from a grocery purchase is also considered an eligible transaction.
For new and current Green members:
- Your status will be updated within 48 hours of purchase.
- Any Stars you accumulated at Green level will reset to zero when you receive Gold Status.
- You’ll need to collect 125 Stars to earn your first Star Reward.
For existing Gold members:
- Your status will be updated after the promotion ends. Check your account history in the Starbucks® App to see your new extended date.
- Offer applies to members with Gold Status as of 4/11/16.
Easy way to go Gold without meeting the standard $150 in spend to get it.