This deal has expired and is no longer available, click here for more Southwest deals & news.
Southwest is once again offering their California Millions giveaway. They’re also offering a 100,000 points sweepstakes for anyone nationwide to join.
- Signup by April 10th for a sweepstakes which will have a single winner of 100,000 Southwest points.
Aside from the above-mentioned sweepstakes, there are millions of miles being given out to Californians:
- Daily drawing. Signup once (with your name, email, zip, and Southwest loyalty number) and you’ll get a chance to win big in the daily drawing. Day 1 (March 12) and the final day (April 10) both have the highest giveaways of 1,000,000 each. March 19, March 26, and April 2 also have 500,000+. The other days are all just 20,000 points giveaways. More details here.
- Instant win game. Every day you can spin the prize wheel and see if you’re an instant winner.
- Instagram challenges. Post an Instagram photo with hashtags #californiamillions and #contestentry for a chance to win bonus points. There are five chances to win: March 15, March 18, March 22, March 29, and April 5. The best contestant on each of those dates will win 20,000 points.
- In-person Events. You can also go special events for another chance at winning points, and it sounds like odds of winning are good at these events. Image of event schedule below.
The Fine Print
- Note: points earnings of over $600 will get a Form 1099-Misc based on a valuation of 1.35 cents per mile
- Open only to United States citizens residing in California who are at least 18 years old and have a valid Rapid Rewards account
- The Promotion begins on March 12, 2018 at 12:00:01 a.m. Pacific Time, and ends on April 10, 2018 at 11:58:59 p.m. PT. The Sweepstakes consists of thirty (30) daily entry periods (each a “Daily Entry Period”) each starting at 12:00 a.m. PT and ending at 11:58 p.m. PT on the same calendar day.
At a minimum, it should be easy enough do a single signup and be entered into the drawings, especailly for CA residents who get daily drawings. If you have time to be more involved, go back and do the daily spin, check for Instagram opportunities, and go to the in-person events too.
Hat tip to ptsoi on r/churning