Published on November 29th, 2019 | by Chuck25
[Expired] Giant, Stop&Shop, Martin’s: 3x Fuel Points on Visa Gift Cards [11/29-12/5]
Deal has expired, view more Giant deals by clicking here
Giant/Stopandshop/Martin’s have an offer showing in their circular for November 29 – December 5:
- Get 3x fuel points on the purchase Visa gift cards.
Gift cards generally don’t earn fuel points at all at Giant/S&S/Martin’s, but occasionally they release offers like this to get points on gift card purchases.
The Fine Print
- Valid 11/29/19 – 12/5/19 (starts Friday)
- Must use store card to get and use the points
- Be sure to double check that your local store is running this offer before buying
- “We now accept credit cards for the purchase of Visa, Mastercard, and American Express gift cards”
Gas Points Details
Every 100 points gets you 10¢ off per gallon at Shell, up to 20 gallons. If you have 1000 points, you’ll get $1 off. If you have 1500 points, you’ll get $1.50 off per gallon.
- Max discount in some areas is $1.50. In other areas, there might not be any max.
- You have 30 days to use the points. The day of purchase is Day #1. (Giant PA and Martins might expire at the end of the following month.)
- Points can only be used at partner Shell stations. You can redeem the points in a different area from where you got the points, but only if that Shell station is a partner. Check out the gas locator for Stop & Shop and for Giant for exact listings of which Shell stations are included. (Giant PA and Martins might only be valid at their own gas stations.)
- See the FAQ for more details. Some of the details vary by area and store.
- Points usually are available immediately, but I’ve had on occasion where it took a day until they showed up and were usable.
- Pro tip: Use a Shell gift card and you’ll usually get the cash price; it’s especially worthwhile to get the lower cash price when using fuel points.
There’s an ongoing deal through the 28th to get either a $20 voucher or 5x points on third party gift cards; that deal does not apply to Visa/MC. When that deal ends, this one begins, and some people might prefer to wait and stop up on points with the Visa deal starting Friday.
Some are saying this might be the final Visa gift card deal until March. Use a card that earns bonus rewards at the grocery.
Hat tip to Churner-McChurn-Face