Published on March 22nd, 2019 | by William Charles10
[Expired] Giant, Stop&Shop, Martin’s: 8x Fuel Points on Happy Gift Cards [3/22-3/28]
Deal has expired, view more Giant deals by clicking here.
Giant/Stopandshop/Martin’s have an offer showing in their circular for March 22 – 28:
- Get 8x fuel points on happy gift cards
Gift cards generally don’t earn fuel points at all at Giant/S&S/Martin’s, but occasionally they release offers like this to get points on gift card purchases.
The Fine Print
- Valid 3/22-3/28 (starts Friday)
- Must use store card to get and use the points
- Be sure to double check that your local store is running this offer before buying
Gas Points Details
Every 100 points gets you 10¢ off per gallon at Shell, up to 20 gallons. If you have 1000 points, you’ll get $1 off. If you have 1500 points, you’ll get $1.50 off per gallon.
- Max discount in some areas is $1.50. In other areas, there might not be any max.
- You have 30 days to use the points. The day of purchase is Day #1. (Giant PA and Martins might expire at the end of the following month.)
- Points can only be used at partner Shell stations. You can redeem the points in a different area from where you got the points, but only if that Shell station is a partner. Check out the gas locator for Stop & Shop and for Giant for exact listings of which Shell stations are included. (Giant PA and Martins might only be valid at their own gas stations.)
- See the FAQ for more details. Some of the details vary by area and store.
- Points usually are available immediately, but I’ve had on occasion where it took a day until they showed up and were usable.
- Pro tip: Use a Shell gift card and you’ll usually get the cash price; it’s especially worthwhile to get the lower cash price when using fuel points.
Probably won’t be that popular, especially given that you can currently get 3x on Visa gift cards.
Hat tip to DDG