Published on March 8th, 2018 | by Chuck131
GTE Financial Visa Card $300 Signup Bonus
- Get 30,000 points when signing up for a GTE Financial Visa Signature credit card and spending $3,000 within 3 months.
Seems the points can be redeemed for cashback, making this a $300 value.
- $60 annual fee, waived the first year
- Card earns 3x points for gas/travel/home improvement, 2x points for groceries/recurring, 1x everything else
- 1% foreign transaction fee
- Cell phone protection
- Credit line of $5k – $30k
- Each year members who remain in good standing will have the opportunity to skip their payment in either November or December when holiday bills start to stack up
GTE credit union is based in Florida. Anyone can join by donating $10 to CUsaver.
In the past, people have expressed interest in GTE credit union in the past due to their generous $5,000 allowance of credit card funding for checking or savings accounts (now only $500, $5,000 is for certificates only). Hopefully you can open these accounts (which come with a hard pull) and a credit card all at the same time with one hard pull. Would also be interesting to know more about the cell phone protection advertised offering.
$300 isn’t bad for a cash signup bonus, and it could start making even more sense if you add in a checking + savings to knock out some credit card spend. There is a $10 cost to join, as noted. On the bright side, there is a referral bonus with $25 for each party. Feel free to leave your referral in the comments here, but only if you have some more information you can share about the credit union or their products.
Thanks to u/noonrader on Reddit for giving us all the information on this offer