Update: By doing a dummy booking you can also get a $50 statement credit to show. Updated post to reflect this. If you applied for the offer without the $50 statement credit, it’s unlikely American Express will match you unfortunately. Hat tip to iStroking
Do a dummy booking to get the offer to show up. Will show up in the payment details section, you don’t need to complete the booking to get this bonus.
- American Express has increased the sign up bonus on the Hilton Honors American Express business card to 125,000 Hilton Honors points after $5,000 in spend within the first three months of card membership + $50 statement credit after first purchase within three months
- Offer valid until 06/27/2018
- Read our full review here
- Annual fee of $95
- Card earns at the following rates:
- 12X Hilton Honors Bonus Points at hotels and resorts in the Hilton portfolio worldwide
- 6X Hilton Honors Bonus Points on U.S. gas stations, wireless telephone services purchased directly from U.S. service producers and U.S. purchases for shipping
- 6X Hilton Honors Bonus Points on U.S. restaurants, flights booked directly with airlines or amextravel.com, and car rentals booked directly from select car rental companies
- 3X Hilton Honors Bonus Points on all other eligible purchases
- Complimentary Hilton Honors Gold status; Earn Diamond status after spending $40,000 in purchases on the Card in a calendar year
- One Weekend Night Reward at a hotel or resort in the Hilton portfolio after spending $15,000 in purchases on the Card in a calendar year
- A second Weekend Night Reward at a hotel or resort in the Hilton portfolio after spending $60,000 in purchases on the Card in a calendar year
- 10 free Priority Pass™Lounge passes to ease the airport experience and get work done more easily and comfortably while waiting for a flight
- No foreign transaction fees
- Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product.
Previously the sign up bonus on this card was 100,000 points, broken down as follows:
- 75,000 points after $3,000 in spend within the first three months
- An additional 25,000 points after you spend an additional $1,000 within the first six months
This is an extra 25,000 points for an extra $1,000 in spend. I think this bonus is significantly better, when the card was first launched I recommended waiting for a better bonus to come along precisely because I thought we’d see an offer such as this. In the short to medium term I don’t see this bonus going any higher than this, but it almost certainly will in the longer term (although Hilton points will almost certainly become less valuable). Some things to note:
- American Express business cards do not report to your personal credit report. Useful if you’re trying to stay under Chase’s 5/24 rule
- American Express usually will not match sign up bonuses if you’ve recently applied for this card, but they will sometimes offer ‘courtesy points’. Your best chance is to call in and request a manager, chat reps don’t have the ability to issue these points and front line reps are severely limited in what they can hand out
For more information and tips about American Express cards, please read this post. It looks like the sign up bonus on the no annual fee card has also been increased to 75,000 points and 100,000 points + free night certificate on anniversary on the Ascend card. I’ve added this to the best credit card sign up bonuses post.