Published on February 10th, 2017 | by William Charles9
[ID, UT] 3% Cash Back On Balance Transfers (No Balance Transfer Fee) – Mountain America Credit Union
- Mountain America is offering a 3% cash bonus on balance transfers to their Mountain America Visa Platinum Credit Card. Bonus deposited into your account within one business day. There are no balance transfer fees.
The Fine Print
- On approved credit.
- Limit of two transfers from the same external account or financial institution.
- Total cash bonus cannot exceed 3% of the credit limit on your Mountain America Credit Card.
- Not available on business accounts or balances transferred from an existing Mountain America loan.
- Cash back reward is considered interest and will be reported on IRS Form 1099-INT.
You need to work for one of the select employer groups, have an immediate family member with an account or reside in one of the following counties:
So the cash bonus is limited to 3% of your total credit limit and it’s taxable. They have offered this bonus before, but we still don’t have any data points on what sort of credit limits to expect. Citadel bank also has a similar 3% balance transfer bonus for those in PA.
It is nice this is also available to current cardholders as well. If anybody has any experience on what type of credit limits to expect, please share below. In addition Mountain America Federal Credit Union also frequently offer checking account bonuses. As always a full list of the best cash sign up bonuses can be viewed here.
Big thanks to reader Curmudgeon for sending this through.