Published on December 9th, 2015 | by William Charles6
[MA Only] Blue Hills Bank $100 Checking Bonus + $100 Per Referral
Offer at a glance
- Maximum bonus amount: $100 (person referring you also receives $100)
- Availability: Must live or work in MA
- Direct deposit required: Optional, recurring direct deposit of at least $1,000
- Additional requirements: Optional, Two online bill pays
- Hard/soft pull: Soft
- Credit card funding: Up to $1,000
- Monthly fees: None
- Early account termination fee: $25, 90 days
- Expiration date: December 31st, 2015
- Get a friend to refer you and you’ll both receive $100 when you open a checking account with Blue Hills bank and do one of the following within the first two cycle statements:
- Two online bill pays
- Recurring direct deposit of at least $1,000
The Fine Print
- Offer valid for new-to-bank checking customers who have been referred by an existing customer
- Incentives will be paid by March 31, 2016 and reported on Form 1099 in the year received
- Direct deposit and bill payees must be established, posted and cleared by February 28, 2016
Blue Hill Bank offers a free checking account, the only requirement is that you must open it with at least $10. Their fee schedule says that there is an early account termination fee of $25 if the account is closed within 90 days.
In the past they offered a $200 bonus (with no referral), although you were required to complete both requirements to get the full $200. This bonus is technically better if the person that refers you gives you their $100 as well (as then you only need to meet one requirement). If you’re not in this situation, I’d probably recommend just waiting until the $200 bonus comes back.
Because of this we haven’t added this bonus to our list of the best bank bonuses available, but it has been added to our complete listing of all bank account bonuses found here. Feel free to share your referral information in the comments below.