Published on April 17th, 2018 | by Chuck69
[Live] New Plastiq Users: Pay Rent or Mortgage with any Credit Card for a 2% Processing Fee
[Reposting with correct link. There was an issue with the earlier link we posted. Fixed the link below.]
Plastiq reached out to Doctorofcredit with a special promotion for new Plastiq users to get a lower processing fee cost on rent/mortgage payments:
- Schedule 6 rent or mortgage payments and pay only a 2% Plastiq processing fee on each payment. (Standard fee will apply for payments beyond the first 6.)
You can use any credit card with this Plastiq promo (Visa, MC, Amex, Discover) – however, note that each card issue has rules about which payments they allow, for example, Amex and Visa do not allow mortgage payments, and Amex does not allow business rental lease payments, see this post for more details on what the card issuers allow. Bottom line: you can use anything for residential rent; Visa/MC/Discover for business lease; MC/Discover for mortgage.
The Fine Print
- Must use the link above in order to get this promotion
- The first payment must be submitted by May 31st at 11:59 PM ET.
- Must be a new Plastiq user.
- Promotion is for all Rent/Real Estate payments which encompasses Rent, Business Lease, Mortgage, HOA payments and the like.
This could amount to decent savings over the course of six months. The lower fee also helps it make sense to buy points for the 2% fee or to use it for meeting a spend requirement. See our complete review of Plastiq here.
(Post has been updated.)