[Reposting 11/20/18 as a reminder for shopping season. I regularly forget about this benefit myself and it’s really kinda useful. Most sites accept Paypal and it’s easy enough to checkout through Paypal instead of checking out directly on the website. Be sure to activate again – it might have to be reactivated each calendar year.]
- Get free returns when paying for items with Paypal: Paypal will reimburse the cost of up to 12 returns over the course of the calendar. Max $30 reimbursement for each return.
To request a refund, go to the transaction in your Paypal history and find the ‘Request return shipping refund’ option.
The Fine Print
- Must activate benefit with your Paypal account – it is not automatic (I’m not sure if it will need to be activated again each calendar year)
- Refund is only for instances that the merchant does not offer free return shipping
- Must initiate refund request within 30 calendar days of the return
- Must submit proof of return to the seller’s address + proof of shipping costs
The $30 allowance is pretty generous and should cover most regular returns. Definitely worth using Paypal when buying an item that may need a paid return. Paypal ran this offer in previous years as a test run, and it now looks like a permanent benefit. I’ll definitely be using Paypal for clothing purchases and the like which could need a return.
I don’t see any restriction excluding resellers, and this should come in handy for them, though there is the limit of 12 per Paypal account.